January 31, 2009
Version 1.1.9 is another bug fix release, and is now available for user preview. Most importantly this version fixes a session level bug that resulted in sessions not being re-used. This will result in more reliable tunnel based connections.
Here are the details of the fixes/changes in version 1.1.9
- scrolling on folder properties dialog
- correction to date format in outgoing message headers. Header only indicates GMT offset and does not include the string GMT.
- ability to save/load attachments from internal store, and not just the SD Card
- Adds logic to gracefully handle an autoload period of zero
- adds additional error handling for NO and BAD messages embedded within multi-line IMAP responses
- fixes re-use of session objects – only creates one session object per mailbox
- fires autoload into a new thread to reduce time to return from timer fire
- makes disk logging thread safe
Registered users can download version 1.1.9, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost.
January 31, 2009
Thanks to Laurent for his five star rating, and comments on Handango.
tiggit mail is listed on the following software stores Handango, Mobihand, PDAssi and all of the stores that these companies power. Having customer feed back is important to those browsing these stores as it helps with purchasing decisions.
January 23, 2009
The guys at crackberry.com have given tiggit mail 1.1 a nice little write up.
Thanks Kevin and Bla1ze.
January 18, 2009
version 1.1.8 tidies up a number of loose ends for version 1.1 and fixes a problem within the http tunnel code that generally causes sessions to end unexpectedly often with a Null Pointer Exception.
This version also adds an application indicator for BOLD and STORM users to show the number of unread messages within tiggit. In the screen shot below there are a total of 23 unread messages in tiggit mail
Homescreen showing unread messages indicator
Here are the details of the changes/fixes within version 1.1.8
- exposes smtpDomain on the mailbox settings panel and provides a default value of localhost
- fixes a problem on the runbox set up wizard that causes mailServerUserId not to be set.
- sets a default for smtpAuthType within the add mailbox wizard to PLAIN
- adds tiggit mail to Address book menu at startup
- sent items are marked as seen when appended to sent box
- more only downloads the remainder of a message (in earlier versions more downloads the entire message and replaces the current body)
- respects showHTMLFirst setting
- folder expansion state is now remembered between sessions
- adds application indicator for API 4.6
- adds warning to user if singlePost is selected with a challenge authentication protocol
- fixes bug in sorting mailbox display
- fixes bug in http tunnel resulting in IO Exceptions during session
Registered users can download version 1.1.8, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost.
January 7, 2009
There is a potential problem for users migrating from version 1.0, and using the add mailbox wizard to create new mailboxes.
Under certain circumstances the smtpAuthType gets set to CRAM-MD5 which has a problem when running through the tunnel using singlePost. For obvious design reasons a challenge authentication protocol cannot work using the singlePost mechanism as it is currently designed.
The error manifests as a continuous loop of messages saying IOException: decoding error at the bottom of the screen.
The resolution to this is to either not use singlePost or chose a different smtpAuthType – both PLAIN and LOGIN will work with singlePost
January 4, 2009
I have now promoted version 1.1 to being the general release version for tiggit mail. This is mostly because the functionality is so much better in 1.1, I did not want to hold it back any longer. Also it would appear that almost everyone had found the preview version and had started to use it.
If for some reason you still need to have access to 1.0.17 you can get it using the following URL formula
http://www.tiggit.com/release/1-0-17/<api version>/<download type>
replace <api version> with either 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3, and replace <download type> with multiMail.jad for over-the-air download and webloader.html for the desktop installer.
Release 8 (1.1.8) is in progress and again is focussed on fixing up some problems that have been reported in 1.1.6 and 7. It will also have a little icon that shows the number of un-read messages in the status bar, on Bold and Storm.
I will continue to post previews of the next version via this blog, as I do appreciate the assistance many people give in confirming problems are solved, and providing other feedback about things that could be improved, or features they would like to see added.
With that in mind, I am starting to think about the scope for version 1.2, and as always would be pleased to hear your suggestions. The obvious candidate is to fix up the IMAP IDLE support that is broken at the moment, and support for STARTTLS, although this is not as simple as it may appear. I also think there is a need for better support for drafts, and the ability to edit messages that are in the outbox waiting to be sent. Improvements to integration with the BlackBerry environment, such as sure type and the soft buttons on the Storm are a must. I also have a request for a Bayesian SPAM filter – but that might be going a bit far.
Nevertheless, now is the time to air your annoyances and help me decide what comes next – please add your suggestions as comments to this post – thanks for all your input.