May 31, 2009
Version 1.1.15 is now available for preview download. This release resolves a small number of customer reported problems, and changes the logic in the network configurator to make on-boarding faster.
- properly encodes cyrillic text in message subject
- re-instated menu action ‘get link’ to allow navigation from plain text messages
- fixes problem where server responses are rejected on multiple move action
- additional ‘authenticating’ message when connecting to server
- re-instates ‘delete on server’ label to indicate messages are awaiting deletion
- fixes problem where status messages stop being displayed
- changes logic within network configurator to attempt direct connection before checking service books
This preview release does not yet address the device stability problem that has been reported on RIM OS 184.108.40.206, as I have not yet been able to reproduce the problem.
I have posted an update to this version that fixes some minor points, and one really important bug that will have caused tiggit mail to progressively run slowly. From time to time when opening a quoted-printable encoded email, the text of the message is not displayed. This was because the display thread was stuck in an infinite loop. Each time the message is opened, another thread is created which also sits and loops. Each thread absorbs resource and so pretty rapidly the BlackBerry will become very un-responsive. This should now be fixed.
- support for non-ascii characters in file names used to save attachments
- adds support for non-ascii characters in from and subject fields
- fixes problem where contactMenu option is not respected
- fixes problem of annoying warning pop-ups
- adds logic to only display home page icon when the number of unread mails is non zero
- fixes problem with multiple successful moves being detected as an error
- fixes progressive performance problem caused by decoder threads not exiting
- adds a configurator to test the default settings on the device prior to trying other smarter configurations
Registered users can download version 1.1.15, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost. Users are advised to fully remove the previous version of tiggit mail prior to upgrading to ensure a trouble-free installation.
May 25, 2009
api 4.2 – 12990
api 4.3 – 12991
api 4.6 – 12992
There have been no changes since preview 6. This version will also be added to Handango, Mobihand, the Mobihand App Store, and of course the BlackBerry App Store.
May 20, 2009
A number of users have commented on the high battery usage in this release, and as a result I have made a number of changes that appear to correct some synchronization issues. Preview 6 is now available for download.
Preview 6 also restores the option to set smtpAuthType, and resolves a problem associated with using singlePost and tunnel connections for IMAP, and hopefully will reduce the number of disconnections experienced by tunnel users. It also feels quite a lot faster then previous previews.
Preview 6 can be downloaded in the normal way, using the link in the post below. Here are the build numbers.
1.1.14 preview 6 api 4.6 build 12636
1.1.14 preview 6 api 4.3 build 12645
1.1.14 preview 6 api 4.2 build 12646
May 16, 2009
With the launch of the BlackBerry and Mobihand App Stores, this release is focussed on meeting the App Store requirements imposed by Research In Motion.
There are also some improvements to the add mailbox wizard, including a test phase once the mailbox has been specified. tiggit now has an update facility that allows you to automatically check for new released of tiggit mail. (RIM make a charge of hundreds of dollars to list an application on the App Store, and make a charge for each update!)
This version also makes a better attempt at decoding and displaying partially downloaded messages – reducing the number of messages that need to be more-ed before they can be read.
Here are the details of the changes in this release
- connections are tested at the end of the add mailbox wizard
- data useage warning message as required by RIM
- improved feedback when folder sync fails
- automatic update utility
- fixes incorrect trial license expiry information on license panel
- modest performance improvements when opening messages
- fixes problems with WiFi connections when using service book defined cellular connections
- improved handling of worker thread exits
- sets default character set for MIME decoder
- adds show deleted option, allowing users to see messages that have not been EXPUNGED
- step-back-delete download functionality
- fixes problems with dropCopy
- resolves reliability problems with IMAP APPEND
- fixes problem with incorrect message size display for small messages
Testing this release I have noticed that attention should be paid to blockSize and waitTime. It is suggested that waitTime should not be set below 250, whereas the default settings with release 12 was 100.
Registered users can download version 1.1.14, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost. Users are advised to fully remove the previous version of tiggit mail prior to upgrading to ensure a trouble-free installation.
Here are the build numbers for the various versions
1.1.14.d2 4.2 build 12436
1.1.14.d2 4.3 build 12435
1.1.14.p4 4.6 build 12505