May 14, 2010
I have just noticed that the previous builds 17212 etc, are missing some bug fixes and features. This is (I am ashamed to say) is due to operator error. Anyhow, I have now got the right source code in the right place and rebuilt the release, ticked the version number to p5, and uploaded.
This is now available to download from the same link as below.
May 11, 2010
I just noticed that the upload for 1.1.19.p4 failed in some way, and the wrong version is on the web server. 1.1.19.p4 has a build number starting 172.. Please check the build number by selecting About from the menu on the mailbox list screen.
The correct build numbers are
4.2 api – 17214
4.3 api – 17213
4.6 api – 17212
This has given me the opportunity to slip in an improvement to session error handling, hopefully fixing a problem that causes send/receive to stop responding under certain circumstances.
May 9, 2010
I have spent a couple of weeks working on some finer details of 1.1.19 – particularly for a special version for the Italian market – PECBerry. PECBerry is a special packaging of tiggit mail that is designed to work with the Italian Government PEC Network.
The good news is that tiggit mail users will benefit from all of the features with PECBerry within the core tiggit mail product, not least of which is support for Italian Language within the user interface. I am now looking for volunteers to translate the user interface to other languages.
Military users (including AKO) should note that digital signatures included with official emails will now be evaluated and tiggit mail will indicate whether the certificate is valid.
Where plain text is included along with an HTML message, a special expanding field allows you to hide/show the plain text version of the message.
Here are the changes in preview 4, other than the usual slew of bug fixes.
- Change to plain text handling, adding an expand/contract paradigm to access plain text elements of a message
- Displays headers from embedded email messages and not the envelope
- No longer adds More to the Inbox menu when a message is fully downloaded. Messages can still be re-downloaded with Shift-R
- Adds Shift-Space as a fast way of performing send/receive
- Changes to logic associated with replying and forwarding messages. Attachments (except html) are no longer included when replying to a message
- Displays attachments when referenced within an html message, in the correct location within the html message
- Properly handles re-directs within an HTML message
- Fixes IMAP defects that causes corruption of attachments and messages
- Fixes diskwrite defects that cause corruption of attachments and messages
- Fixes problems in audit thread exiting early leaving un-necessary files on SD Card
- Improves download efficiency
Version 1.1.19 introduces a new license management approach, where licenses are stored on tiggit.com. The license distribution mechanism is not fully tested for BES users, and so this preview may not be suitable for trial users with BES.
Registered users can download version 1.1.19, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost