June 20, 2010
12 came and went, and 13 is not a good number, so preview 14 is now available for download.
This preview fixes
- some problems with internationalization of the labels on the password fields.
- refactored detection of SMTP authentication type to resolve problems with STARTTLS sessions.
This preview can be download in the usual way.
June 5, 2010
This time I am determined to blog about a new post, before someone downloads it and tells me there is a serious problem. So – preview 11 is now available for download in the usual manner.
The important change in this build is the addition of support for STARTTLS on IMAP sessions. To enable this enable useTLS on the associated mailbox sessions. Tiggit Mail will examine the capabilities of the mail server and if STARTTLS is advertised, it will initiate a TLS session prior to authentication.
In addition this release fixes
- problem with choice fields not being properly set on Mailbox Settings editor panels
- changes to the way the FolderTable is populated
- fixes a problem that caused a continuos loop under certain circumstances whilst moving messages.
June 2, 2010
Ok, the first thing I should explain is the jump from 4 to 10. This is not a whim,5,6,7,8 and 9 did exist albeit for a short time. Before I announce a preview I generally post the code in the preview directory and do a number of tests to make sure that upgrades and installs work correctly. What I have learned is that there is now sufficient interest in new versions of tiggit mail that when I post code there, it tends to leak out, and cause people problems (sorry John and Alex). Needless to say, it also means that I need to tick the version number etc.
This build feels like a release candidate. It has a few more changes, the most significant of which is BIS-B support and the ability to connect to an alternative host on higher port numbers, but I will post more about this later.
Most importantly, this release fixes the problem (introduced in p7) which resulted in tiggit deleting messages on the server when they should only have been deleted on the handheld, and only on the handheld when they should have been deleted on the server. But whilst I was fixing delete problems, I also fixed the annoyance where when messages are deleted the focus skips to the message two before the one that was deleted.
Also this build:
- fixes problems decoding certain S/MIME signatures due to bugs in the RIM MIME decoder.
- adds the option to indicate that all certificates should be trusted. This only works if MDS and BIS-B are not selected
- fixes problems with choice fields
- adds fast kets T and B to move to top and bottom of messages
- better handling for missing headers within IMAP messages
You may notice that the settings now use plain english (or italian) descriptions of the settings rather than the internal (sometimes cryptic) keys.
Please remember there is no way of entering a license token in 1.1.19 – it will download from a server. Not all the license tokens are currently loaded on the server, so if you are using a trial license you will NOT be able to extend the trial with 1.1.19.
Registered users can download version 1.1.19, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost