Version 1.1.18 is now ready for first preview. This version adds the concept of local folders – folders that exist only on the BlackBerry. These have been used to add a local drafts and sent folder. When re-working the drafts and sent folders, I have removed the entire send now/send later mechanism that was clumsy and difficult to use. Tiggit now detects whether it has network coverage and, when there is no service, tiggit will queue messages to be sent as soon as network service becomes available. This is intended to allow you to use tiggit to compose messages when you are on the tube and have them sent immediately you leave the station (for example).
This version also addresses a number of problems with attachments and adds thumbnail icons to both the file picker and the message composer. Where messages have image attachments, the image is shown in-line with the message in the sent box. This build also fixes a problem with images not being recognised by FaceBook Mobile.
Another important new feature is the ability to edit plain text messages when replying or forwarding a message. The entire text of the message is copied into the composer so you are free to edit any part of the (plain text) message prior to sending. The replied or forwarded part of the message is prefixed with a message to make the difference between the original message and any reply comments you might like to make.
Tiggit now has an option to automatically shutdown and start-up at pre-determined times. It will even startup when your BlackBerry is turned off.
Here is the full list of changes in this release
- fixed problems with additional signature and announce blocks being added
- added draft box
- added sent box
- enabled editing messages from the drafts box
- fixed problems with not all parts being added to a message
- revised composer attachment display
- added ability to remove attachments from messages
- added thumbnails for image attachments
- removed send later menu item
- removed start sending and stop sending functions from outbox
- fixed artifical truncation of mailbox names
- fixed problem with mark as read not being retained after sync with server
- added logic to detect common image types and send as image/ rather than file/ to resolve problems with facebook
- added thumbnail images to file chooser and layout logic in the case that there are no image thumbnails available
- added startTime and endTime startup and shutdown capability
- improved IMAP error detection logic
- potential fix to irretreivable mailbox wipeout
- fixes problems with un-necessary settings confirmations