With the launch of the BlackBerry and Mobihand App Stores, this release is focussed on meeting the App Store requirements imposed by Research In Motion.
There are also some improvements to the add mailbox wizard, including a test phase once the mailbox has been specified. tiggit now has an update facility that allows you to automatically check for new released of tiggit mail. (RIM make a charge of hundreds of dollars to list an application on the App Store, and make a charge for each update!)
This version also makes a better attempt at decoding and displaying partially downloaded messages – reducing the number of messages that need to be more-ed before they can be read.
Here are the details of the changes in this release
- connections are tested at the end of the add mailbox wizard
- data useage warning message as required by RIM
- improved feedback when folder sync fails
- automatic update utility
- fixes incorrect trial license expiry information on license panel
- modest performance improvements when opening messages
- fixes problems with WiFi connections when using service book defined cellular connections
- improved handling of worker thread exits
- sets default character set for MIME decoder
- adds show deleted option, allowing users to see messages that have not been EXPUNGED
- step-back-delete download functionality
- fixes problems with dropCopy
- resolves reliability problems with IMAP APPEND
- fixes problem with incorrect message size display for small messages
Testing this release I have noticed that attention should be paid to blockSize and waitTime. It is suggested that waitTime should not be set below 250, whereas the default settings with release 12 was 100.
Registered users can download version 1.1.14, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost. Users are advised to fully remove the previous version of tiggit mail prior to upgrading to ensure a trouble-free installation.
Here are the build numbers for the various versions 1.1.14.d2 4.2 build 12436 1.1.14.d2 4.3 build 12435 1.1.14.p4 4.6 build 12505