January 18, 2009
version 1.1.8 tidies up a number of loose ends for version 1.1 and fixes a problem within the http tunnel code that generally causes sessions to end unexpectedly often with a Null Pointer Exception.
This version also adds an application indicator for BOLD and STORM users to show the number of unread messages within tiggit. In the screen shot below there are a total of 23 unread messages in tiggit mail
Homescreen showing unread messages indicator
Here are the details of the changes/fixes within version 1.1.8
- exposes smtpDomain on the mailbox settings panel and provides a default value of localhost
- fixes a problem on the runbox set up wizard that causes mailServerUserId not to be set.
- sets a default for smtpAuthType within the add mailbox wizard to PLAIN
- adds tiggit mail to Address book menu at startup
- sent items are marked as seen when appended to sent box
- more only downloads the remainder of a message (in earlier versions more downloads the entire message and replaces the current body)
- respects showHTMLFirst setting
- folder expansion state is now remembered between sessions
- adds application indicator for API 4.6
- adds warning to user if singlePost is selected with a challenge authentication protocol
- fixes bug in sorting mailbox display
- fixes bug in http tunnel resulting in IO Exceptions during session
Registered users can download version 1.1.8, by clicking here and entering the email address that was originally used to register for tiggit mail. Exisiting license tokens will continue to work with this version. Users are advised to take appropriate precautions when upgrading to this version as all messages on the handheld may be lost.
December 17, 2008
tiggit 1-0-16 is now available for download for BlackBerry Storm.
Users should download tiggit in the normal manner and select STORM from the download webpage.
The Storm device should be instructed not to run tiggit in compatibility mode, but should you end up with a keyboard that will not go away, and a blue border around the screen, take the following steps.
Go to Options, then Advanced Options, and then Applications. Scroll down to find tiggit mail and make sure that it is highlighted. Press the menu button and then select Disable Compatibility Mode.
Note that the Storm (4.7) version of tiggit mail is required for this to work. Please also note that at startup tiggit mail will say API 4.3. This relates to the tiggitVersionWrapper library that is used and not the compiler with which the code was built.
December 17, 2008
A number of people have been trying tiggit on BlackBerry Storm and have been getting some disappointing results in compatibility mode. In short tiggit looks like this
I now have an actual Storm device, and have jumped through the hoops of getting tiggit to work properly on this device. I have to say that I am a bit disappointed by the Storm and especially by the touch screen – may be I am not yet used to using it.
Here is a couple of quick screenshots from my new Storm device, running tiggit properly. I will post later details of the new build for Storm and how to get out of compatiblity mode.
December 12, 2008
A few people have emailed to report that tiggit does not tilt properly on the BlackBerry Storm which is a surprise as it works fine on the BlackBerry Storm simulator.
After a little bit of reading around the problem, it would appear that applications that are not build on the 4.7 compiler that has all the Storm libraries will not rotate into landscape mode (tilt) on a real device, and many of the touch screen features do not work properly.
tiggit mail has now been re-built wit the 4.7 compiler and should now tilt and rotate properly, and the various tap gestures should work properly too. Storm users should re-download tiggit mail 1.0.16 by clicking on the link here